Sawtooth Rifles Comprehensive Precision Rifle Clinic
Jan 29-31, Pala CA class has met our initial enrolment goal. Please call to inquire about the wait list or to be notified should we increase capacity.
Please see the expanded course description below and select from the dates and locations available then choose your registration option.
- Full Pay at registration
- $225 non refundable deposit at registration with balance due 4 weeks before start of clinic
The Sawtooth Rifles Comprehensive Precision Rifle Clinic focuses on complex target engagements and troubleshooting techniques that will give you a competitive edge and save the day in a precision rifle match.
- Jan 29-31, Pala Shooting Range, Pala California
- TBD Spring 2019, Rock Lake Rifle Range, St. George Washington
Class Duration: 3 days
Class Hours: 0800-1700 (approximately) with a lunch break
Class Size: 12 students
Class Cost: $825 (optional $225 non refundable deposit, $600 final payment due 4 weeks prior)
Lead: Scott Satterlee
Assistants: Jorge Ortiz, Doug Glorfield, and Matt Yore
Skill level prerequisite
This course dives right into advanced match shooting scenarios. Match shooting experience is not required, although it is expected that the student will have the ability to understand and implement ballistics calculations for engaging targets out to 1000 yards with their existing equipment. Basic ballistics and positional shooting will not be given much time during the clinic.
There will be six 3.5 hour blocks of instruction and execution. A lunch break will be taken between instruction blocks. Food is not provided so please bring lunch or be prepared to make a quick lunch run. Water will be provided.
Block 1: Instruction and application of multiple ways to true ballistic data with and without velocity known
Block 2: Complex engagements of multiple targets using turret dialing and reticle holding techniques
Block 3: Engagements of multiple targets from multiple positions in a time limited scenario
Block 4: Moving target instruction, lead solutions, combining wind and lead techniques, combining static and moving targets
Block 5: Troubleshooting during a match, matchsmithing (TM), management of zero shift, accounting for velocity drift
Block 6: Bringing it all together in a mini match
Rifle system requirements to participate in the course
A detachable magazine fed rifle with a variable magnification riflescope and basic match shooting accessories are required for the course. Lighter recoiling rifles are recommended. Essential gear is listed below and required for the course.
- rear squeeze bag/gamechanger bag
- kestrel weather meter and ballistics calculation device (Kestrel Elite preferred)
- two magazines
- belt pouches for two magazines
Gear note: While this class is about making do with the gear you have, it is a great opportunity to test different gear from other students and the instructors. Please have your name written on your gear to make sure everyone makes it home with the gear they came with.
- Sawtooth Rifles reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet a four person minimum ten days prior to the first day of instruction.
- All cancellations prior to ten days before the first day of instruction are subject to a processing fee of 10%, or the registration fee may be applied to a future Sawtooth Rifles training class.
- No refunds for cancellations less than ten days prior to the first day of instruction.
- Weather conditions - we will shoot in any weather as long as it is deemed safe.